INSTALLATION WIRELESS NETWORKS: CLIENT DESCRIPTION
GAI Spa of Ceresole d’Alba, is a firm born in 1946, and it’s specialized in production systems and facilities for oenological industry and it exports machineries to bottling in 5 continents. This enterprise, from Cuneo province, creates machines for filling, automatic stoppers and systems for sterilization. The firm produces equipment for breweries and for beverages industry, ensuring to customers high quality installations, efficient and simple to use.
A dynamic reality careful to environment impact, Gai, in order to support its productive system, growing constantly, did investments in automatic warehouses direction.
AN AUTOMATIC WAREHOUSE MANAGED WITH WIRELESS NETWORKS AID
- Warehouse with automatic modules to contain goods
- LGV automatic cart for withdrawal and delivery of orders into the factory (with wireless communication)
- Central server and client post to goods orders
According to the following exigencies, the costumer has expressed interest to Connect for design of the following elements:
- Wi-Fi coverage of the entire productive factory
- Building of a Wi-Fi infrastructure with high reliability
- Traffic centralization to double redundant element
- Roaming management to move automatic carts
- Appropriate band to LAN network
- Wi-Fi network segregation compared to LAN infrastructure
- VPN access for assistance on automatic carts via Wi-Fi
Thanks to a strong and performing architecture, customer has requested the use of the same Wi-Fi infrastructure to implement:
- Internal network with1x security
- Mobile networks internal for BYOD
- Guests network with captive portal and traffic shaping
- Wireless networks for guest enterprises in the same structure
- Network for barcode players
- Wireless network for industrial machines near the establishment
- Network for recreational spaces with the use of time slots
The project has the aim of creating a wireless infrastructure in the productive establishment of Gai Macchine Imbottigliatrici able to manage orders receipt, order transmission to automatic carts via Wi-Fi, their movement through the same technology and the delivery of material to operator.
The project has as secondary aim the creation of the others Wi-Fi services requested, through redundant and centralized technology too.
SOLUTION, BENEFITS AND CONNECT’S ADDED VALUE
- Integration with the LAN infrastructure and existent server
- Soundness and simplification of system
- Investment protection for the next 10 years
- Simplified system management
- Split between network for automation and LAN
- Business Continuity and Roaming management
- Implementation of pro-activemonitoring system
Connect gave its added value, designing the solution, following the phase of installation and migration, and now it continues to manage the system maintenance and the possible future evolutions.
- Increase logistic efficiency
- Reducing delivery times of goods inside production
- Easier implementation of new services
- Management with a single infrastructure of Wi-Fi network
- Speed and efficiency in identifying and resolving problems
- More security thanks to logic separation in the infrastructure
- Customer satisfaction